Creating a pencil texture palette allows you to manage your own pencil textures as you wish. You can create separate pencil texture palettes for different characters, props and backgrounds as needed, and share them among the people collaborating on your project like you would with colour palettes.
Creating a pencil texture palette is as simple as creating a colour palette. When creating a palette, you have the option to create it as a colour or a pencil texture palette.
If you are using Harmony Server, make sure you have the rights to modify the palette list by doing one of the following:
- From the top menu, open the Edit menu and ensure the Edit Palette List Mode option is checked
- Right-click on the palette list and select Get Rights to Modify Palette List.
- From the Colour view menu , select Palettes > Get Rights to Modify Palette List
- In the Colour view, click on the Show Pencil Texture Palettes button to display your pencil texture palettes.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Colour View, click the New Palette button over the palette list.
- From the Colour view menu, select Palettes > New
The Create Palette dialog box opens.
- In the Create Palette dialog, enter the new palette's name. Make sure your palette name contains information to be easy to identify, such as the name of the character and information about the type of setting for this palette, if any.
- In the Palette Type drop-down, select Pencil Texture.
- Click OK.
The palette appears in the drawing element’s palette list.