When selecting a certain frame range to be swapped, the behaviour of the Timeline and Library views is different. If you use the Drawing Substitution window in the Library view to select a drawing, the drawing is split in two and the exposure before and after the frame range remain the same. In the following example, drawing 2 (DR 2) is split in two and the selected frame range is filled with a new drawing.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Transform tool.
- In the Transform Tool Properties view, make sure the Peg Selection button is deselected.
- In the Camera view, use the Transform tool to select a part of the drawing to swap.
- In the Timeline view, select the cell range in which you want to swap the drawing.
- In the Library view, go to the Drawing Substitution window.
- Scroll through the symbol's frames or drawings by doing one of the following:
|‣||From the top menu, select Animation > Substitute Drawing Previous or Substitute Drawing Next.|
|‣||Drag the slider left or right.|
The drawing or symbol’s cell on the current frame is replaced.