The first time you open Harmony, the default workspace is loaded. Other workspaces are available such as the Hand-Drawn Animation and Compositing workspaces. These display different views and toolbars. You can access these workspaces, and any others you create, from the Windows menu and the Workspace toolbar.
By default, when you modify the look of a workspace, it is automatically saved. If you prefer to keep your workspaces as they are and only save the modifications when you really want to, you must disable the Automatically Save Workspace option.
The Workspace Manager allows you to modify, create, delete, rename and reorder you workspaces. You can save your workspace as a new version to avoid over-writing the current one. If you do not want to modify the current workspace, use the Workspace Manager to create another one and then modify that one.
Your customized preferences are stored in the following location and you can save them to either share with someone else, copy to a second computer or simply back them up.
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony\1400-layouts-xml
- Toon Boom Harmony Advanced: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Advanced\1400-layouts-xml
- Toon Boom Harmony Essentials: C:\Users[\user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Essentials\1400-layouts-xml
On macOS, the Library folder is a hidden folder. To display the display the folder, told down the Alt key.
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Harmony/1400-layouts-xml
- Toon Boom Harmony Advanced: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Advanced/1400-layouts-xml
- Toon Boom Harmony Essentials: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Essentials/1400-layouts-xml
- /home/[user_name]/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Harmony/1400-layouts-xml/
- /home/[user_name]/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom StageAdvanced/1400-layouts-xml/