You can animate a layer or a peg by creating keyframes and moving your drawings in the Camera view.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Transform tool or press Shift + T.
- If your layer has a parent peg and you want to animate the drawing layer directly, make sure the Peg Selection Mode is disabled in the Tool Properties view.
- In the Tools toolbar, enable the Animate mode. This allows the Transform tool to affect the position and size of a layer at the current keyframe only, whereas it would otherwise affect the layer's position and size throughout the whole scene.
- In the Timeline view, go to the first frame.
- From the top menu, select Animation and make sure the Stop-Motion Keyframe option is unchecked. This will make it so Harmony automatically creates the animation between the animation keyframes you create.
- Select the cell where you want to create your first keyframe
- To create your first keyframe, do one of the following:
- In the Timeline toolbar, click the Add Keyframe button.
- Right-click and select Add Keyframe.
- Press F6.
A keyframe is created on the first frame of the Timeline view.
- In the Camera view, select the element to animate and move it to its first position.
- In the Timeline view, go to the frame on which you want to set the second position.
- Select the cell where you want to create your second keyframe. right-click on the selection and select Insert Keyframe.
The second keyframe appears in the Timeline view, along with a line going from your first keyframe to your second keyframe. This indicates that every frame in-between will be animated by Harmony.
- In the Camera view, move the element to its second position.
- In the Timeline view, select the first frame to rewind to the beginning of your animation.
- In the Playback toolbar, click on the Play button to preview your animation.