Once you have exported your rigs and assets from Flash / Animate to an intermediary format, you can import the exported to Harmony.
To do this, you must use a script, TB_Import_Flash_Scene.js, which is packaged with Harmony. This script has a graphical user interface, so you do not need to know scripting to be able to use it. You only need to know how to run it.
To run a script in Harmony, you must add a button for it to your Scripting toolbar. Once the button is added, the Scripting toolbar will look like this:
Clicking this button will open the Import Flash Scene dialog.
- From the top menu, select Windows > Toolbars > Scripting.
The Scripting toolbar bars appears below the File toolbar in the upper-left of the Harmony interface.
- Click the Manage Scripts button.
The Scripts Manager opens.
- In the Files list, select TB_Import_Flash_Scene.js.
- In the Functions list, select TB_Import_Flash_Scene
Click on the Add script to Toolbar button.
The function will be added to the In Toolbar list to the right.
- Click OK.
The Import Flash Scene button appears in the Scripting toolbar.
- In the Scripting toolbar, click the Import Flash Scene button.
- In the Import Files dialog box, locate the export.json file contained in the folder that was created when you exported your files from Flash.
- Click Open.
In a few moments, the colour recovery dialog box appears, requesting a colour recovery.
- Before clicking Yes, you have the option of selecting the Do Not Ask Again For This Session option.
In a few moments, the
.fla files are imported in Harmony.
- In the Node view, press 1 to zoom out of the Node view and see the entire node system.