Importing a bitmap image in its original format ensures it is preserved exactly as is in Harmony. When importing a bitmap image, you have several options available such as where you want to import the file and how to name it.
- Do one of the following:
- From the top menu, select File > Import > Images.
- In the File toolbar, click the Import Images button.
- In the Xsheet view, right-click anywhere in the frame area and select Import > Images.
The Import Images dialog box opens.
- In the Files section of the Import Images dialog box, click Browse to find and select one or more images on your computer.
- Add the bitmap image to a new layer by selecting the Create Layer(s) option and one of the following options:
- Create Single Layer Named: Creates a new layer with the specified name and imports the images into it.
- Create Layer(s) Based on Filenames: Creates a layer based on each unique filename prefix. For example, if you import three files named a-1.tga, a-2.tga and b-1.tga, this will create two layers, one named "a" and one named "b". Layer "a" will contain the two first images and "b" will contain the third one.
- Add to Existing Layer: Imports the images into the specified layer. Note that you can only import into layers that are compatible with your import options. For example, if you're importing images as vector drawings, you can only import them into vector drawing layers.
- In the Vectorization section, make sure the Vectorize Image option is unchecked.
- Click OK.