As soon as Toon Boom Harmony is started, you can start to draw straight away using the default drawing layer.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Brush tool or press Alt + B.
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, click in the first cell of the drawing layer.
- To select a colour, click on the colour you wish to use in the Colour view. For more information on how to create and edit colours, see How to create or edit colour swatches.
- In the Drawing
or Cameraview, start drawing.
Harmony offers multiple ways to adjust drawings. You can undo your last stroke, erase parts of a drawing, move, transform or delete strokes, and tweak the points and curves of your pencil lines.
- Do one of the following:
- From the top menu, select Edit > Undo
- Press Ctrl + Z (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ + Z (macOS).
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Eraser tool or press Alt + E.
- In the Drawing or Camera view, draw a stroke over the parts of your drawing you want to erase.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Select tool or press Alt + S.
- In the Camera view, select strokes you want to edit by doing one of the following:
- Click on a stroke to select it.
- Hold Shift while clicking on a stroke to add it to your selection.
- Draw a lasso around drawing strokes to select them simultaneously.
- Do one of the following to edit your selection:
- To reposition, click the selected drawing object and drag the selection to a new area.
NOTE: You can also nudge your selection using the arrow keys, and fast-nudge your selection by holding Shift and pressing the arrow keys.
- To rotate, grab the selection box handle and rotate it.
- To scale, pull or push on the top, side, bottom or corner control point. Hold down Shift to lock the selection’s ratio.
- To skew, drag sideways or up and down the sides or top and bottom segments, between the control points.
- To delete, press Del (Windows/Linux) or Backspace (macOS).