Once your effect is connected, you can configure it by changing its layer properties. There are two ways to access a layer's properties:
- By selecting it. Its layer properties will display in the Layer Properties view, which can be added to your workspace.
- By opening its Layer Properties dialog.
- Do one of the following to display the Layer Properties view:
- In the top right corner of any existing view, click on the Add View button and select Layer Properties.
- In the top menu, select Windows > Layer Properties.
In the Timeline view, select the effect layer you want to configure.
The selected layer's layer properties are now displaying in the Layer Properties view.
In the Timeline view, double-click on the effect layer you want to configure, but not on its name.
The layer's Layer Properties dialog appears.
In the toolbar under the Camera view, click on the Render View button to make Harmony render the effects in the Camera view.TIPIf your scene currently does not have a background, the negative space in your scene will render in black. To circumvent this, you can add a Colour-Card layer underneath all the other layers in your scene by clicking on the Add Layer button in the toolbar over the layer list and selecting Colour-Card.
In the Layer Properties view or the Layer Properties dialog, adjust the parameters of the effect until you have the expected results.
The preview in the Camera view will update every time you make changes, but each change may take a short while before appearing in the Camera view, as the Render Preview mode requires more computing power to update.
- Once you are done, you can dismiss the Layer Properties dialog if it was open, and you can set the preview mode of the Camera view back to OpenGL by clicking on the OpenGL View button in the toolbar at the bottom of the Camera view.