The main tool you will use to paint your drawings with is the Paint tool. The Paint tool can be used in several different modes, which can be customized in the Tool Properties view.
The Paint tool paints closed zones, including brush strokes and pencil lines. If there are gaps in the lines defining a zone, you must close them using the Brush, Pencil, or Close Gap tools or the Automatic Close Gap option.
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, select the cell on which you want to paint.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Tools toolbar, click the Paint tool.
- Press Alt + I.
In the Tool Properties view or Tools toolbar, you can select additional painting modes.
- The Paint mode paints everything it touches, including empty and filled zones.
- The Paint Unpainted mode paints only empty zones. Any line or filled zone will remain unchanged.
- The Unpaint mode unpaints everything it touches, including empty and filled zones.
- In the Colour view, select a colour.
- In the Drawing
or Cameraview, start painting. Click on a zone or pencil line to paint it, or trace a lasso or marquee selection to paint several zones or pencil lines at the same time.
NOTEThe last colour you select while using the Paint tool will be used the next time you select the Paint tool if you're using the unlocked painting tools in the Colour view.