To use scripts prepared by other users, transfer the *.js files from the computer where the scripts were created to the one that you intend to use. Then use the Script Editor to import the *.js files from where they are saved on your computer.
When working with Harmony Stand Alone, scripts that you created while working on a scene or imported are available for all other projects created on the same computer; there's no need for any kind of transfer or import. You can find your custom, default and imported scripts in:
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony\1400-scripts
- Toon Boom Harmony Advanced: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Advanced\1400-scripts
- Toon Boom Harmony Essentials: C:\Users[\user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Essentials\1400-scripts
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Harmony/1400-scripts
- Toon Boom Harmony Advanced: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Advanced/1400-scripts
- Toon Boom Harmony Essentials: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Essentials/1400-scripts
On macOS, the Library folder is a hidden folder. To display the display the folder, told down the Alt key.
- /home/[user_name]/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Harmony/1400-scripts/
- /home/[user_name]/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom StageAdvanced/1400-scripts/
With Harmony Server, scripts that you have been working on and imported are available at the level you saved them:
- Global: [Server_Name] > USA_DB > scripts
- Environment: [Server_Name] > USA_DB > environments > [environment_name]
- Job: [Server_Name] > USA_DB > jobs > [job name]
- User: [Server_Name] > USA_DB > users > [user_name] > stage > 1400-scripts
If you deleted default scripts and would like to reload them, you can find them in:
- Windows: Program Files (x86)> Toon Boom Animation > Harmony 15 [edition] > resources > scripts
- macOS: Applications > Harmony 15 [edition] > tba > resources > scripts
- GNU/Linux: /usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/harmonyAdvanced_15.0/resources/scripts
- Copy the
*.jsfiles that you want to transfer onto a USB key, or use the transfer method of your choice.
- Transfer and save the
*.jsfiles onto the computer that you intend to use. Be sure to save them in a logical location. You can save them directly in the default locations indicated above, in which case they will automatically appear in the Script Editor. If you prefer not to mix them up with the default scripts, save them to a different location and continue with the following steps.
- To save time, you can copy all the files and icons located in the user preferences and paste them back in your own preferences to avoid having to import all scripts one by one.
- In Harmony, open a new or existing scene.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Script Editor view, click the Import Scripts button.
- From the Script Editor menu, select File > Import Script.
With Harmony Server, a window opens in which you can browse to the location on the server where the *.js files are saved. You can choose the User, Global, Environment, or Job folder.
- Select the
*.jsfile and click Open.
When working with Harmony Server, you must set the location where the script will be saved: User level, Global level, Environment level, or Job level.
The script is imported and appears in the Files list of the Script Editor.