The Assign Missing Markers dialog box appears when the two following conditions are met:
- You just renamed or deleted one of the scene markers in your scenes.
- You are trying to save a skin for a gaming character.
The reason for this dialog to appear is that, when you create a game sprite with different skins, the information on each skin is separated by scene marker, and stored in your layers' metadata along with the name of their respective scene marker.
For example, in a scene that has two scene markers: idle and walk, and two skins: cloth and mail, one of the layers that are skinned would have a metadata such as skin_cloth.walk. If you renamed the scene marker from walk to walking, skin_cloth.walk would no longer correspond to anything.
Hence, when you click on the Save Skin button of the Game Skin toolbar, it detects that some skins point to scene markers that do not exist and prompt you what to do with it:
- If you renamed the scene marker, you can use this dialog to point to the new name of the scene marker. This will replace the old name of the scene marker with its new name in all of the metadata for your game sprite.
- If you deleted the scene marker, you can use this dialog to delete all the metadata related to this skin marker.
- Open a scene in which you have:
- A character rigged and animated for gaming
- Different sequences marked and named using scene markers
- At least one skin.
- In the Timeline view, select one of the scene markers by clicking and dragging along its length.
Right-click on the scene marker and select Scene Markers > Edit Scene Marker.
The Timeline Scene Marker dialog appears.
- In the Note field of the Timeline Scene Marker dialog, type in a new name for the scene marker and click on OK.
- In the Game Skin toolbar, click on the Save skin button.
|New scene marker drop-down||
The dialog will have one row for each scene marker that you renamed or deleted, or each scene marker referred to by your rig's metadata that has no corresponding scene marker in the Timeline view. At the left of each row is the name of the scene marker that was renamed or deleted. At the right of each row is a drop-down allowing you to select what to do with the metadata referring to this old scene marker:
Performs the changes on each scene marker that was renamed or deleted and saves your skins.
NOTEThis button can only be clicked if you selected a replacement scene marker or Delete Anim for each unassigned scene marker that is listed in the dialog.
|Cancel||Closes the dialog and does not save the skin.|