Before you can work in Harmony via Harmony Server, you must be connected to the Harmony database. When you connect to the database, you cannot create new scenes directly from Harmony Advanced. The available scenes will be the ones that were previously created using the Control Center module.
- Start Harmony —see Starting Harmony Advanced.
- In the Toon Boom Harmony window, select the Connect to Database option.
- In the User Name field, type in your Harmony username which is provided by your project lead or system administrator.
- Click OK.
The Database Selector dialog box opens, displaying the environments available in Harmony database.
- In the Environments column, select the scene's environment (project, movie).
- In the Jobs column, select the scene's job (episode, sequence).
- In the Scenes column, select the scene.
- Get the permissions needed for this session by selecting one of the following options:
A Harmony project can be locked at various levels. Its timing, drawings, version and palettes can be locked. Locking means that you have the rights to modify a scene or its assets. Other users cannot modify locked items. If someone tries to open a locked scene, it will be displayed as read-only.
Here are the different lock possibilities:
- Choose the version you want to open from the Version menu—see Saving Scenes.
- The Saved By and Saved Date fields display the user who last saved the selected scene and the date of the last save.
- Click Open.