By default, the Windows firewall will block the communication between client workstations attempting to connect to the Harmony server and the database server service. In order to allow clients to connect to your server, you must open the ports used by the database server on the server machine.
- Open the Start menu and, in the Programs list, select Windows System > Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
Click on Advanced settings.
The Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security window opens.
- In the list to the left, select Inbound Rules.
In the Actions list to the right, select New Rule.
The New Inbound Rule Wizard appears.
- Under What type of rule would you like to create?, select Port and click on Next.
- Under Does this rule apply to TCP or UDP?, select TCP.
- Under Does this rule apply to all local ports or specific local ports?, select Specify local ports.
In the text field, type the port number 8080.NOTE8080 is the default port used by the WebCC server. You can customize this port number—see Configuring WebCC with Custom Parameters on Windows.
- Click on Next.
- Under What action should be taken [...], select Allow the connection and click on Next.
- Under When does this rule apply?, check the network types over which clients will attempt to connect to this server, then click on Next.
- In the name field, name the rule "Toon Boom WebCC Server".
Click on Finish.
Clients on your network will now be able to connect to the WebCC server.