Once you have created a database file structure, you must also enable the database server daemon to allow Harmony to connect to the database. This daemon runs through the user usabatch, so this user must be created prior to installing the daemon.
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on Users and Groups.
- In the bottom-left corner of the Users & Groups dialog, click on the lock icon labeled Click the lock to make changes to get administrator permissions.
- Enter the username and password of an account with administrator privileges.
Click on the + button at the bottom of the user list.
The user creation panel appears.
- In the New Account drop-down, select Administrator.
- In the Full Name and Account Name fields, enter usabatch.
- Give the user a password.
- Click on Create User.
- Open a Finder window.
- In Finder, navigate to Applications > Toon BoomHarmony 15.0Advanced Network > Tools.
- Double-click on Configuration Assistant.
- In the Welcome screen, check the Create the Startup Items option and uncheck all other options.
- Click on Continue.
- Check the Create Database Server Startup Item option and uncheck all other options.
- Click on Create.
When prompted, enter the username and the password of a user with administrator privileges.
The database server daemon is now installed and will start running. At this point, you should already be able to run Control Center from this machine, log-in with the default user usabatch and create scenes and users.