The traditional way of running the batch processing service is by running the server as a Windows service or daemon. This means the service launches in the background as soon as the machine boots, and starts processing the queue even if nobody is logged in to the computer.
Using Service Launcher, it is possible to configure the batch processing service to launch as the currently logged-in user, when they log in. This means that your machine will only process jobs when the user is logged in.
Although this may seem impractical, it may be preferable for security reasons. Harmony services are run under the user usabatch, an user with administrator privileges. When using Service Launcher, the logged-in user does not need to have administrator privileges to run services.
Before configuring Service Launcher to run the batch processing service, the windows service that launches it must be disabled, so as to avoid launching two instances of the WebCC server simultaneously.
In a terminal, enter the following command:
$ sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.QueueServer.plist
The batch processing daemon will stop and will no longer launch on boot.
Make sure you are currently signed-in as the user who will run the service.NOTEThis user will need to be logged in for the service to be running. The user does not need to have administrator privileges.
- Do one of the following:
- If Service Launcher is not running, open a Finder window, then go to Applications > Toon BoomHarmony 15.0 Advanced Network > Tools and double-click on Service Launcher.
- If Service Launcher is already running, click on its icon in the system tray.
The Service Launcher application launches.
- In the Application parameters section of the Preferences tab, make sure that the Launch on login option is checked, so that services configured in Service Launcher automatically launch when you log in to your account.
- Select the ToonBoom Process tab.
- Make sure the Schedule option is checked.
- Click on Launch to verify that the batch processing service launches successfully through Service Launcher.
- Check the Launch when Service Launcher starts option.
In the top menu, select Server > Save All Settings.
From now on, the batch processing service will launch through Service Launcher when you log in. You can test that your machine is ready to perform batch processing job by entering the following command in a terminal, replacing <host name> with the name of your machine.
$ Status -b -m <host name>