Harmony can be used to create and animate characters that can be imported in Unity. The procedure is very similar to rigging and animating characters for a regular animated production, and requires no programming skills. However, you must follow some guidelines when creating and animating your character to make sure it is properly imported in Unity.
The procedure for creating game assets in Harmony can be broken down into the following steps.
- Rig and animate your characters in Harmony, while following the guidelines for rigging and animating game characters in this guide.
- Separate your character's different animation clips.
- Create anchors and props for your character, if needed.
- Export the character from Harmony into a sprite sheet format that can be imported in Unity.
- Import the exported data into Unity.