ProducerHarmonyHarmony EssentialsHarmony AdvancedHarmony PremiumHarmony PaintStoryboard ProProduct ActivationSystem RequirementsPDF Documentation
Creating Vector Shapes with the Polyline Tool
You can use the Polyline tool to draw long and curvy lines.
NOTE: To learn more about the Polyline tool options, see Polyline Tool Properties.
How to draw with the Polyline tool
- In the Timeline view, select the cell on which you want to draw.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Polyline tool or press Alt + _.
- In the
Camera orDrawing view, click and drag to create a point and a Bezier handle to shape your line.
- Click a new area and drag to create a second point and Bezier handle.
- Press Alt to pull only one handle, instead of two.
- Press Shift to snap the handles to 45, 90, or 180 degrees.
- Repeat the previous step until your shape is completed.
- Press Ctrl (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ (macOS) and click to release the Polyline tool from the current path or shape that it is creating. Continue to use the tool to make multiple, independent paths or shapes.
- If necessary, reshape the lines using the Contour Editor tool—see Reshaping a Shape, Pencil Line or Stroke with the Contour Editor Tool.