To rename a drawing, you need to select the drawing cell and use the Rename Drawing command.
You can also rename a series of drawings relative to their frame position, which is useful in hand-drawn animation.
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, select the drawing to rename.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click and select Drawings > Rename Drawing.
- In the Timeline toolbar, click the Rename Drawing button (you may have to customize the toolbar to display it).
- Press Ctrl + D (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ + D (Mac OS X).
The Rename Drawing dialog box opens.
- In the New Name field, type in the new drawing name.
You can rename a drawing sequence with a prefix, which can be quite useful for cut-out puppet breakdown and deformation animation.
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, select a drawing sequence. Note that you can only select a drawing range in one
column orlayer at a time.
- Right-click and select Drawings > Rename Drawing with Prefix.
The Rename Drawing with Prefix dialog box opens.
- In the Prefix to Add field, type the prefix to add before the drawing name.
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, select the drawing sequence to rename.
- Select Drawing > Rename by Frame.