There are different ways to select the layers you want to reposition.
You can select your elements directly in the Camera view using the Transform tool. When using this tool, its properties and options appear in the Tool Properties view. Always make sure that the Peg Selection Mode option in the Tool Properties view is disabled or it will limit the selection to pegs only.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Transform tool or press Shift + T.
- In the Tool Properties view, make sure that the Peg Selection Mode is deselected.
- In the Camera view, click on the element to be repositioned. You can select more than one element at a time. Hold down Shift while clicking on the elements to be selected.
The corresponding layers and columns are highlighted in the Timeline and Xsheet views.
- In the Timeline view, click the layer corresponding to the element you want to reposition.
- In the Xsheet view, click the column header corresponding to the element you want to reposition.
The selected element is highlighted in the Camera view.
- In the Timeline view, hold down Ctrl (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ (Mac OS X) and click on any layers that you would like to add to the selection.
- In the Xsheet view, hold down Ctrl (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ (Mac OS X) and click on any columns that you would like to add to the selection.
- The non-adjacent, selected layers and columns are highlighted in the Timeline and Xsheet views.
- In the Node view, navigate to the group whose elements you want to select.
- Hold down Alt and drag a marquee selection around the group node.
All elements within that group are selected.
- With a group collapsed or expanded, hold down Alt and click on the group in the Timeline view.
All elements contained within the group are selected.