Creating a Symbol from a Drawing
You can create a symbol from a drawing selection.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Select or Cutter tool.
- In the Camera view, select the drawing elements to create a symbol.
- From the top menu, select Edit > Create Symbol or press F8.
|‣||Clicking the Create Symbol button in the Edit toolbar will create a symbol from the entire layer.|
The Create Symbol from Drawing Selection dialog box opens.
- In the Symbol Name field, type the name of the symbol.
|‣||You can also select an existing layer from the Symbol Name drop-down menu. It will add your symbol on the layer's current cell. If there is already an exposure on that cell, the symbol will be added to a new layer.|
- You can choose to place the current selected artwork in the drawing or remove it:
|‣||To remove currently selected artwork from the drawing and place it in the new symbol, select the Cut Artwork From Source Drawing option.|
|‣||To keep currently selected artwork in both the drawing and in the new symbol, deselect the Cut Artwork From Source Drawing option.|
- Click OK.
The new symbol appears in the Library view's symbol folder and in the Timeline view as a new layer.