Running the Installation Script on Windows
In a client-server network or in a standalone setup, you must install Harmony, as well as the following services on the server or the standalone computer:
|tbdbserver||Controls access to the database.|
|License service||Controls the number of licenses and features available to Harmony users.|
|Batch processing||Controls batch vectorizing and rendering queues.|
|Web Control Center||Allows download and upload of scenes from the database.|
|Link server||If you are installing Harmony on a Mac OS X server that will support Windows clients, you must install the Link server.|
To install Harmony programs and services, you must run the installation package. Before you start the installation, make sure you are currently logged in the system with administrator rights on your local computer.
- Download the build of Harmony that you are going to install.
- Double-click on the Harmony InstallShield executable.
- Select the language for the installer and click OK. This will only affect the language of the installer, not the Harmony software.
- In the InstallShield Welcome window, click Next to continue with the installation.
The License Agreement dialog box opens.
- Read the license agreement and decide if you accept its terms.
- If you accept the terms in the license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- If you do not accept the terms in the license agreement, click I do not accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
The installation will stop immediately and Toon Boom Harmony will not be installed on your computer.
The Destination Folder dialog box appears. You can click Cancel to interrupt the installation and then click Yes to stop the installation completely.
- Select the drive on which you want to install Toon Boom Harmony and click Next.
The Setup Type dialog box appears.
- Select the type of installation you want to do. Select the Complete option to install all the Harmony Network components.
When installing a server, it is possible to do a custom install and install only the server component. However, it is recommended to always do a full install as this will give you access to all the applications from the server if need be.
- Click Next.
The Ready to Install the Program dialog appears.
- Click Install again to begin the installation.
- When this process is complete, click Finish.