Advanced Tips and Guidelines for Windows
These are useful tips, guidelines and information for advanced users.
Here are some useful guidelines to keep in mind if you are considering using Unicode:
|•||Because the Unity game engine does not support Unicode characters, it is recommended to avoid using it in scenes intended for games.|
|•||Unicode characters cannot be used for parent folders of USA_DB and USADATA.|
|•||To zip a scene with Unicode in its name, use 7zip which is included in the package; the regular zip cannot handle some Unicode characters.|
- You must use a third party program, Cygwin (set to UTF8), to work with Status, Setdef, Suenv etc, if you have Unicode environments, jobs, scenes or elements. If you try to use CMD, you will not see the Unicode characters.
- If a scene name contains Unicode characters, the following commands in the File menu cannot be used: Update Database Scene and Download Database Changes.
Since the /USADATA and /USA_DB directories no longer need to be placed at the root of your file system, you can place them wherever you like. This is useful when using third-party asset management and tracking systems.
If you choose to place the directories at a location other than the root, you can create a shortcut that points to the location of the file system without using the .lnk shortcuts on Windows or the symbolic links on Mac and Linux.
- Locate the shortcuts.conf file here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony [version] [edition] \resources\samples
- Copy the shortcuts.conf file and place it here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony [version] [edition]\etc
- Open the shortcuts.conf with a text editor.
- Here are some examples of what to add at the end of the file:
On a server, you can point to a subfolder like this:
- Save the file.