Installing Web Control Center on Linux
When installing HarmonyWeb Control Center, you must add options to the Harmony install script command line and install the Cisco OpenH264 library to see the movie previews and thumbnails.
- Add the following options to the Harmony install script command line.
If you are upgrading HarmonyWeb Control Center server, you must first stop the service—see Installing Web Control Center on Linux.
Installs Harmony Web Control Center as a service. This parameter is required if this machine is the Harmony Web Control Center server.
- Reboot after installing HarmonyWeb Control Center as a service. The service should run at every reboot.
- In a shell, type the following:
The following appears:
Running script for installing/uninstalling the Cisco OpenH264 library
OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Do you wish to install (i) or uninstall (u) the library?
- Type the following to install the library:
- Now you have a choice of the two following libraries. Try the first. If there are problems, try the second.
- openh264-linux64-v1.3.zip (0)
- libopenh264-1.3.0-linux64.so.bz2 (1)
The OpenH264 library installation is successful.
NOTE: A script was added to assist in uninstalling the OpenH264 library on Linux. It is located at