Setting Up NFS Exports on Mac OS X
The following procedure shows you how to export the /USADATA and /USA_DB directories on a Mac OS X workstation, as NFS shared points.
- From the Finder, go to Applications > Utilities and double-click on Terminal.
- Create and edit the exports file in the
sudo vi /etc/exports
- Add the following:
- Save and exit the file.
- Verify that the file is correct by running:
sudo nfsd checkexports
If there is no return response, then it is correct.
sudo nfsd enable
- If nfsd was already started, notify the nfsd daemon that the /etc/exports file has changed:
sudo kill -1 `cat /var/run/mountd.pid`
- Verify that the folders exported correctly:
The following should appear:
Once the export file is created, client systems can mount /USA_DB and /USADATA located on the Mac OS X server system.