Creating the usabatch User on Mac OS X
Before you install Harmony, you must create the usabatch user account on the server and on all the workstations that will performing batch processing (computers that will be part of the batch rendering or vectorizing farm). A number of services, including the tbdbserver, license server, batch processing and Web Control Center service are started using the usabatch account.
usabatch account must have administrator rights on the computer.
- Open System Preferences. By default, there is a shortcut for System Preferences in the Dock.
- In the System panel of the System Preferences dialog box, click Users & Groups.
The Password tab of the Accounts window opens.
- To make changes to the accounts on a Mac OS X, click the lock icon at the bottom of the window. Enter your username and password for an account that has administrator privileges.
- Click the plus (+) sign button to add a new user.
- Give the new user the following name, account name and password:
usabatch account name and password must be in all lower-case letters.
- Select Administrator from the menu next to New Account.
- Click Create User.
- Once the account is created, open the Terminal and log in as the usabatch user:
su -l usabatch
- Make sure you're in the home folder of
usabatch, then edit or create the .profile for usabatch:
- Make sure the file contains the following lines:
- Save and exit the file.