Configuring Link Servers on Mac OS X
If you are running Toon Boom Harmony 14.0 in a mixed environment where the server is on Mac OS X and some of the clients are running Windows, you must start the Link Server, which makes it possible for Windows machines to communicate with the database.
- If you did not already install the Link Server during the server installation, you must do it now. From the Finder, go to Applications > Toon Boom Harmony [version] [edition] > Tools.
- Double-click on the Configuration Assistant.
- Select Create the Startup Items and deselect the other options.
- Click Continue.
- In Create Startup Item, select Create Link Server Startup Item.
- Click Create.
- Enter a user name and password of a user with administrator rights and click OK.
The installation will start Link server automatically.
- A log file is generated in /tmp/com.toonboom.LinkServer.log. Check this file to make sure there are no errors.
Start Link Server:
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.LinkServer.plist
Stop Link Server:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.LinkServer.plist