Exporting Harmony Directories for Linux Clients
Before you can install Harmony on Linux clients, you must export the Toon Boom Harmony directories from the server. The NFS and NFS locking services must be running so that all machines can access the data directories you export.
- To share files with other Linux machines, start the NFS service:
/sbin/chkconfig nfs on
- The NFS lock manager must run on all Linux stations on your network. Without this service, users cannot access the database without receiving numerous "read lock" error messages.
/sbin/chkconfig nfslock on
Now you are ready to export the Toon Boom Harmony directory.
- Use a text editor to edit the
/etc/exportsfile. Add the names
/usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/harmony[edition]_14directories to the file:
- Run the export command to finalize the exports:
- Verify what is being exported from the server:
A report appears listing all the shares exported from the server.