When you first set up your Harmony system, it is a good idea to set up a default batch processing schedule. You can modify this schedule later based on the operating needs of your studio.
If you have not created any environments, there will not be any environments for you to start up.
You must start up a default schedule for every environment you create in the Harmony database.
- Open a command prompt or Terminal and type:
Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the environment for batch processing by selected machines on the Harmony network.
- Enter the machine name on which you want to set up batch processing:
INPUT A SINGLE MACHINE NAME, THE PREFIX OF A MACHINE NAME, OR all
all to create a default schedule for all machines in the machine-list or press Enter/Return to create a schedule only for the machine you are currently using.
- If you enter only one machine name, decide if you want to add more machines to process this environment.
DO YOU WANT TO INPUT MORE MACHINES
yand press Enter/Return if you want to enter more machines or press Enter/Return if you do not want to enter any more machines.
- Identify the type of work this machine will be doing: vectorizing, rendering or both.
INPUT TYPE OF WORK ALLOWED is vectorize work allowed
yif this machine will vectorize drawings.
is camera work allowed
yif this machine will render scenes.
- Identify the environments this machine will process.
INPUT A SET OF DATABASE Environments
- Type the number (not the name) for each environment you want to set up on this machine and press Enter/Return. A space (or a comma) must separate each environment number.
should processing of the dbenv's be prioritized
- You can prioritize the environments based on the order you entered them in the previous step. Typically, you will not want to prioritize environments like this.
nand press Enter/Return if you do not want to prioritize environments.
- Turn the input on for the machine
input ON or OFF
- Press Enter/Return to turn the input on.
When you are done, a status message appears indicating that the machine is set up for batch processing using the default schedule.
- To view the batch processing schedule status for all machines, type the following:
- Press Enter/Return twice to get the report.
The machines that are set up to batch process should appear in the report. There must be an R next to the machine name and the status must be On to be able to batch process.