Using the Highlight Node
You can use the Highlight node to create light zones of your artwork. Anything outside of the given artwork will be automatically clipped.
- Select a drawing layer and do one of the following:
- From the Node Library view, select the Highlight effect and drag it to the Node view.
- In the Node view, right-click and select Insert > Combine > Highlight.
- Connect the Highlight node between the drawing and Composite node.
- In the Drawing or Camera view, create a drawing on a new layer that will act as the matte.
- In the Timeline view, click the Collapse/Expand button on the effect layer.
Do one of the following:
- Drag and drop the matte layer beside the Matte field.
- Connect the Matte drawing to the Matte port of the Highlight node.
- Display the Highlight properties and adjust the properties to control the type and amount of blur and the colour of the highlight effect—see Highlight Node.