Creating Envelope Deformation Rigs
Before adding deformations, you might want to use a default type of region of influence. You can set these parameters in the Rigging tool's properties
- Once your element is selected, select the Rigging tool in the Deformation toolbar.
- In the Tool Properties view, enable the Envelope mode.
- Place the cursor where you want to start creating your envelope.
- Press and hold the mouse button to create the point, then drag to towards the direction where you want your curve to bend to set the position of this curve's bezier handle, just as you would when drawing a curve using the Polyline tool
—see Drawing with the Polyline Tool.
- Working as you would when building a Curve deformer, continue adding control points around your shape. You can place your control points slightly outside of your contour line.
- As you go, you can use your mouse cursor to reposition the existing bezier handles as needed. You can hold down the Alt key if you wish to move a point's bezier handle without affecting the bezier on the opposite site of the point.
- When you're ready to close Envelope deformer, hold down Alt and click on the first point of your deformation chain.