Linking to an External Colour Palette
You can link a palette from its original location. If you move the file, you break the link to the file.
- In the Colour view, click on the Create Palette button to create a palette to be used as external.
- Save your scene by selecting File > Save from the top menu or by clicking the Save button or press Ctrl + S (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ + S (Mac OS X).
- On your computer or server, create a master directory. Ideally, this should be created in your Root folder to keep it within the project directory. You could also place it inside your Colour Model’s subdirectory.
- Name the folder appropriately, for example:
- From your operating system, browse to your Toon Boom Harmony scene and open the palette-library folder.
- Select and copy your palette
*.pltfile to copy it to the master palette directory.
- Create a new Toon Boom Harmony scene or open the scene where you will link this palette.
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, select the element to link the palette to.
- From the Colour View menu, select Palettes > Link to External.
The Link to External Palette dialog box opens.
- Click Browse to search for your master palettes folder and select the palette
*.pltfile you want to link.
- In the Palette list section, select how you want to load the palette; at the scene or element level.
- Click OK.
The linked palette appears in the Colour view.
If a palette is outside the scene, the External icon appears beside the palette name.