Smoothing Using the Z-BufferWhen batch rendering 3D models originating from Maya, some unwanted artifacts may appear, particularly on models with outlines. This is due to problems with the depth information. You can use the Z-Buffer Smoothing node to smooth out the edges.
How to use the Z Buffer Smoothing
- In the Node Library, select the 3D tab.
- Select the Z Buffer Smoothing node and drag it to the Node view.
- In the Node view, place it between a MayaBatchRender node and the final Composite node.
- Display the Z Buffer Smoothing node properties.
- Adjust the Histogram Range and Kernel Size parameters to achieve the optimal rendering of your Maya models. In most cases, you will have to experiment with a balance between the histogram range and the kernel size.