Setting Up Nodes for 3D Renders
Before starting a render from Maya, there are a few nodes to connect in the Node view.
- Start Toon Boom Harmony. It is recommended that you run it from the command line. This way, you will have a printout of the process as it renders. Once it is started, you may also want to display the Message Log view.
- In the Node view, locate the 3D object node.
- In the Node Library view, select the RenderMayaBatch node and drag it to the Node view.
- In the Node view, hold the Alt key down while dragging the RenderMayaBatch node under the 3D object node to connect it.
- Repeat the previous steps for each 3D object node in your scene.
- Save and reload your scene so Autodesk Maya files can be retrieved from the project folder.
- In the Camera view, click the Render View button.
All the elements of your scene appear in this complete preview of the rendered scene.
- To add effect filter nodes to your 3D object, make sure to connect them under the Maya render node.
You are now set to render your animation project.