Setting the Script on Mac OS X
The Path needs to be set up so when Harmony launches Maya, it knows exactly where to look for the application. On Mac, you can set this up by placing a script in
Follow these steps to create the script to call Maya and to set it up.
From the Terminal, you must create a file in which to save the script.
- Switch to the directory in which you want to create the script file:
- If the
bindirectory does not exist, then create it:
- Create the script file called
sudo vim maya
- Type in your password to get administrator access.
- From inside the text editor, select "
i" to go to Insert Mode, and copy and paste the following text. Make sure the path is updated to the version of Maya you have running on your machine.
exec /Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/Maya "$@"
- Save and exit:
- Edit the file to make sure all users can access it:
chmod ugo+x maya