Setting Preferences for Rigging
Before you start adding layers to your puppets, make sure the Default Separate Position
With the Default Separate Position preference selected, when you create new
For cut-out animation, you want to have three independent axes so you can control them individually.
When you lock the three positions together, each time you add a keyframe, it is added on all three positions at the same time.
When you separate the three positions and add a keyframe on one axis, it is not added on the other two. This gives you more freedom when animating with motion keyframes and nudging parts forward and backward over time.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows/Linux: Select Edit > Preferences.
- Mac OS X: Select Harmony > Preferences.
- Press Ctrl + U (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ + U (Mac OS X).
- In the Preferences dialog box, select the General tab.
- In the Settings section, select the Default Separate Position for Pegs option.
- Click OK.