Opening Ports for External Connection for Web Control Center on Windows
It is necessary to open a port in your firewall to allow other computers to access the Harmony Web Control Center server. By default, Harmony Web Control Center uses port 8080.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Depending on your setup, you might need to click System and Security before moving to the next step.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- On the left pane, click Advanced settings.
- The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window appears.
- On the left pane, click Inbound Rules.
- On the right pane, click New Rule.
The New Inbound Rule Wizard appears.
- Select the Port option and click Next.
- Select the TCP and Specific local ports options.
- In the Specific local ports field, type in 8080 and click Next.
You can change the default port used by Harmony Web Control Center by modifying the
webcc.batfile—see Opening Ports for External Connection for Web Control Center on Windows.
- Select the Allow the connection option and click Next.
- Select the Domain, Private and Public options and click Next.
- In the Name field, type in Toon Boom Web Control Center and click Finish.
Toon Boom Web Control Center appears in the list of inbound rules.