Upgrading from Previous Versions on Mac OS X
If you are performing an upgrade, pick a time when Toon Boom Harmony production is slow or stopped. During the upgrade, no users can run any of the Toon Boom Harmony modules and all rendering jobs must be stopped or completed.
If you are upgrading from Harmony or Opus, you must also delete extra files that are located in each user's home.
- Make sure that no one is running any versions of Harmony or Opus. All Harmony or Opus nodes must be closed on the server and on all the clients.
- Verify that all batch rendering and vectorizing are completed or that the queues are empty. You can check the status of Vectorize and Render queues from the Control Center module.
|‣||In the Control Center module, use the Queue menu, Environment > Vectorize Queue or Render Queue to open the Vectorize queue or Rendering queue for each environment. The queue should either be empty or the status of all jobs should be Completed.|
Be sure to stop the queues on all rendering machines. If the queues are running, those binaries will be locked and the installer cannot update them.
- Stop all services running on the server and the clients.
- If you are upgrading from version 12, type in the Terminal:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.LicenseServer.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.DatabaseServer.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.LinkServer.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.QueueServer.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.WebCCServer.plist
- If you are upgrading from version 7.3 to 11.1, type in the Terminal:
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop ToonBoomQueueServer
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop ToonBoomLinkServer
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop ToonBoomDatabaseServer
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop ToonBoomLicense
- If you are upgrading from Harmony or Opus 7.2, type in the Terminal:
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop USAnimation_queues
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop USAnimation_link_srv
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop USAnimation_dbserver
sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop USAnimation_flexlm
- Go to the applicable folder:
- Version 12 and later:
/Applications/Toon Boom Harmony [version] [edition]/tba/etc
- Version 7.8 to 11.2: /Applications/Toon Boom Harmony [version]/tba/etc
- Version 7.3: /Applications/Toon Boom Harmony/usa.bundle/etc
- Version 7.2: /usa/etc
- Back up any necessary configuration files:
- server.ini if this server is configured to have Windows clients.
- Scan.conf if this workstation is configured to be a scanning station.
- VectOptions.conf from any machine (including the server) that is doing batch vectorization.
- Any other configuration file that is required to be used later.
- You can back up the entire application folder to ensure that no configuration file is missed.
- From the Terminal, go to the /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/ folder. If you are upgrading from version 7.2, go to the /usa/etc/flexlm folder. Back up the license.dat file.
- Delete the /Applications/Toon Boom Harmony
[version][edition]folder or rename it to keep as a backup.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Harmony or Opus, you must delete Startup Items from the previous installation. For example:
- Version 12 and later:
- Version 7.3 to 11.2: From
/Library/StartupItems, delete any folders that begin with ToonBoom, such as ToonBoomDatabaseServer.
- Version 7.2 and earlier: From /Library/StartupItems/, delete any folders that begin with USAnimation, such as USAnimation_dbserver.
NOTE: Depending on the server and client configuration, you might not see any folders starting with ToonBoom or USAnimation.
- Open the Terminal:
- Go to a user's home that was configured to work with Harmony. Using the
usabatchaccount as an example:
- List all the files in usabatch's home:
- Look for a folder named .MacOSX in the list of files and folders that appear.
- If the folder is there, delete it:
sudo rm -rf .MacOSX
- Repeat these steps for each user that was configured to work with a previous version of Harmony.