Before you can install Harmony on Linux and Mac OS X, you must share the database folders over your network using the NFS protocol so that they can be accessed by clients.
- First, enable and start the NFS and NFS lock daemons on your machine to enable file sharing through NFS:
chkconfig nfs on
service nfs start
chkconfig nfslock on
service nfslock start
- Then, open the configuration file /etc/exports in vi to add your database's share directories:
- Add the following lines to /etc/exports:
/usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/harmonyAdvanced_14 *(rw,sync) /USA_DB *(rw,sync) /usadata000 *(rw,sync)
- Run the export command to update the NFS daemon with the new configuration:
- Type this command to verify that the new configuration is in effect:
The utility will list all the directories currently shared through NFS.