Configuring License Servers on Linux
Now that you have installed Harmony, you must set up the licensing so it can run on the server and client machines.
Do one of the following:
- Start the License Wizard:
- Start Harmony.
The Welcome screen appears.
- Click Activate License.
The Activation Options screen appears.
- Click Internet Activation.
The Internet Activation Options screen appears.
- Click Network License.
The Internet Activation - Network License screen appears.
- Do the following:
- In the Product Code field, enter your product code.
- In the License Count field, enter the number of licenses the product code grants you.
NOTE: Once activated and returned to the activation server, a server license cannot be activated again. Make sure you are activating the license on the correct computer with the proper license count.
- Click Activate.
The Install License Server screen appears.
- Click Install License Server.
license.dat file is created in /usr/local/flexlm/licenses/license.dat. The License Server is also configured and started.
license.dat created contains the following:
SERVER this_host 0 ANY
Both steps can be done manually if needed.
- To configure the License Server to start automatically at boot:
- To start the License Server manually:
The Activation Successful screen appears.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.
- Verify that the FlexLM license is working properly:
lmutil lmstat -a
You can can also look at the log:
If the FlexLM service needs to be restarted: