Cloning a Palette in the Palette Operations Dialog Box
From the Palette Operations window, you can clone palettes in Harmony Server.
- Select the palette you want to clone at the location and level in which it was stored.
- Click Clone.
A Warning dialog box opens.
- Select the Don't show this message again option if you do not want to see this message every time you perform this operation.
- Click Yes.
The Palette Browser dialog box opens.
- Select the level to store the palette file.
- Name the palette. There is no need to add the suffix "palette" to the name as it is always recognized as a palette file.
- Select a Palette List option.
The Scene Palette List is mainly used with cut-out animation. A cut-out character will often be divided in twenty to thirty different drawing elements that use the character's master palette.
The palette list is stored at the scene level instead of the Element directory. This way, all palettes linked to this list will appear in every drawing element created in the scene. There is no need to manually load the palette in each element.
The Element Palette List is mainly used with traditional and paperless animation. Unlike cut-out animation, all columns (drawing elements) contain different characters, props, backgrounds and effects. The Element Palette List is used because you do not necessarily want all of the palettes for all of your elements linked in every column.
The palette list is stored in the drawing element's directory instead of directly in the Scene level. This ensures that the links to the palettes appear only in the appropriate element. If you prefer to access a global palette list, link your palettes to the Scene Palette List.
- Click OK.