Animating the Line Thickness on Camera Move
As you move the camera in your scene along the Z-axis, notice that, logically, the lines of the elements become thicker the closer the camera gets to the drawing. If you prefer the lines to remain the same size or become thicker at a different speed, you can use the thickness feature to adjust your brush stroke and pencil line thickness. You can modify the size of the lines even if the camera is not animated.
- In the Timeline view, double-click on a drawing layer to display the Layer Properties window.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Line Thickness section, adjust some of the following parameters until you achieve the desired effect.
- Adjust Pencil Lines Thickness: Lets you work with pencil lines and adjust their thickness. You will not see any changes to lines in the Camera view OpenGL mode. You must switch to the Render mode.
- Normal Thickness: Disables all overrides on the brush stroke line thickness. This option must be enabled in order for the pencil line thickness parameter and pencil lines to appear. If you want to modify the brush stroke thickness, deselect this option. To enable brush strokes to work with the line thickness feature, you must first create central strokes in the Colour Art layer. The central strokes control the line variation of your brush strokes in the Line Art layer. Select Drawing > Create Colour Art from Line Art.
- Zoom Independent Thickness: Select this if you want your line thickness to remain constant independently from the camera move. Everything else will increase in size, but the line thickness will stay the same.
- Proportional: Enter a multiple by which you want to increase the line thickness base on its original thickness. A value of 1 will result in no change; a value of 0 (zero) will hide the lines.
- Constant:Enter a value in pixels (based on a 720x540 screen resolution) to indicate the amount of pixels you want to add around the existing line.
- Minimum: Enter a value in pixels (based on a 720x540 screen resolution) for the minimum line thickness allowed.
- Maximum: Enter a value in pixels (based on a 720x540 screen resolution) for the maximum line thickness allowed.