The Harmony interface is composed of different views, each one designed for a specific purpose. You can modify the location of the views by adding a new view as a tab or as a window. You can also swap the location of a view.
When a view is active, a red rectangle appears around the view. Keyboard shortcuts and top menu options are associated with the active view. If a menu option is greyed out, it means it does not apply to the layer, drawing or other type of selection or the option does not apply to the active view.
Workspace modifications are automatically saved when you exit the application unless you deselected the Automatically Save Workspace option in the Preferences dialog box.
|‣||In the top-right corner of a view, click the Add View button and select a view from the list. You can open several instances of the same view except for the Timeline, Tool Properties, Colour, and Drawing views.
By default, the view appears as a tab.
|1.||Drag a window by its tab and do one of the following:|
|‣||Drop the window onto other existing tabs to add it to the others.|
|‣||Drop the window above, below or beside an existing view. When you get close to the edge of a view, a black rectangle with a blue background appears, indicating where the view will be inserted.|
- Click the Close View button.
|‣||If there are several tabs in the same view, press Shift and click the Close View button to close all tabs at the same time.|
- Select the view's tab and drag it onto one of the view’s separators, top area or onto another view’s tab.
- When a blue rectangle outline appears showing an available location for the view, release the tab to drop the view into position. One of three things will happen:
|•||The view becomes a tabbed view.|
|•||The view becomes a floating window.|
|•||The view becomes a new docked view.|
- Place the pointer on the edge of the view to resize.
- When you see the Resizing icon, drag the side of the view to the desired size.
- On the edge of the window you want to hide, click the Collapse/Expand button.
The view is compressed and only the Collapse/Expand button is visible.
- Click the Collapse/Expand button again to redisplay the view.