In Harmony, you can add effects through the Node view. You can select an effect from the Node Library view, drag it to the Node view and connect it to drawing layers to form a network of nodes. Then, by adjusting each node's parameters, you can achieve exactly the look you have in mind.
Although all effects should be added through the Node view, there are some effects that you can also quickly add through the Timeline view.
This topic is divided as follows:
|•||Node Library View|
- Select a drawing layer and do one of the following:
|‣||From the Node Library view, select an effect with more than one port, such as Highlight and drag it to the Node view.|
|‣||In the Node view, right-click and select Insert > Combine > Highlight.|
- Connect the node (Highlight in this example) between the drawing and Composite node.
- In the Drawing or Camera view, create a drawing on a new layer that will act as the matte.
- In the Timeline view, click the Collapse/Expand button on the effect layer.
Do one of the following:
|‣||Drag and drop the matte layer beside the Matte field.|
|‣||Connect the Matte drawing to the Matte port of the Highlight node.|
- Display the effect properties and adjust them until you achieve the desired effect.