If you have any outstanding issues running Toon Boom Harmony after installation, review the installation and configuration instructions to make sure you have followed them completely. If you continue to have problems, consult the following list to troubleshoot common installation and configuration problems.
|•||Problem: License Error When Starting a Toon Boom Harmony Node|
|•||Problem: Unable to Import Sample Scene (Errors with the tbdbserver)|
|•||Problem: Unable to Open Sample Scene on Clients|
|•||Problem: resolution.conf Error Message|
If you are getting license errors when you start a Toon Boom Harmony node, verify the setup and configuration of the license service.
- Make sure that the
license.datfile is in the following directory:
- Open the license.dat file; it should contain the following information:
SERVER this_host 0 ANY
- Make sure that the license service is running.
If you continue having problems with the license server, locate the file ToonBoomLicense.log and send it to email@example.com. This file is usually in C:\flexlm.
Check the tbdbserver.log file. It is usually stored in C:\ProgramData\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony.
If there is no log file, restart the tbdbserver.
- Open the Harmony Control Panel.
- Double-click the Toon Boom Harmony Control Panel icon.
The Toon Boom Harmony Control Panel dialog box opens.
- From the Process Starter menu, select
- Click Start.
If you continue to have problems with the database server, locate the
tbdbserver.log file and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This file is usually in C:\ProgramData\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony.
You can also run the Dbserver from the command shell in debug mode to receive additional information about the process.
- Open the /USA_DB/Dbserver.conf file.
- Add the following line to the file:
- Click the Start menu and select All Programs > Harmony 12.1> Configuration Tools > Control Panel.
- In the Toon Boom Harmony Control Panel window, select tbdbserver from the Process Starter menu and click Stop.
- Open a command prompt by selecting Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Type the following:
- To output this information to a new file, type the following:
tbdbserver -debug > "C:\ProgramData\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony\tbdbserver_debug.log"
If clients cannot open the sample scene, it is possible that they are not connected to the database server. Follow the instructions for connecting to the server—see Setting Up the Database Server.
When you open a scene, you might get an error message that says that the resolution.conf file cannot be found. This file is usually stored in the environment or job directory of your database. There is a resolution.conf file you can copy.
- Open the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Harmony 12.1
- Copy the
resolution.conffile to one of the following folder: