When painting, you may notice that some drawing areas are not closed. To close the zone, you can draw the missing line with the Brush or Pencil tool, or close the gap with an invisible line using the Close Gap tool.
The Close Gap tool lets you close small gaps in a drawing by creating small, invisible strokes between the two closest points to close the colour zone. You do not need to trace directly over the gap. You can draw it a few millimeters away. The two closest points automatically close the gap.
- From the top menu, select View >Show Strokes or press K to see a preview of the result.
- If you want the strokes you draw to be flattened in your drawing instead of being on top, click the Auto-Flatten button in the Tool Properties view.
- From the top menu, select Drawing > Close Gaps or press Shift + F10 (Windows/Linux only).
The Close Gaps dialog box opens.
- Adjust the slider to set the size of the gap you want to be closed.
- To close all gaps in the drawings of the selected layer, select the Apply to all drawings option and click OK.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Close Gaps tool.
- In the Drawing view, trace a line near the gap to be closed. Your strokes will be invisible
The gap automatically closes.