There are different ways to select the layers you want to reposition.
You can select your elements directly in the Camera view using the Transform tool. When using this tool, its properties and options appear in the Tool Properties view. Always make sure that the Peg Selection Mode option in the Tool Properties view is disabled or it will limit the selection to pegs only.
When you have several layers in the Timeline view, you may find it hard to locate which one is selected. You can use the Centre on Selection feature to display the selected layer in the Timeline view.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Transform tool or press Shift + T.
|1.||In the Tool Properties view, make sure that the Peg Selection Mode is deselected.|
- In the Camera view, click on the element to be repositioned. You can select more than one element at a time. Hold down Shift while clicking on the elements to be selected.
The corresponding layers and columns are highlighted in the Timeline and Xsheet views.
- In the Camera view, select a layer.
- In the Timeline view toolbar, click the Centre on Selection button or press O.
|‣||In the Timeline view, click the layer corresponding to the element you want to reposition.|
|‣||In the Xsheet view, click the column header corresponding to the element you want to reposition.|
The selected element is highlighted in the Camera view.
- With a group collapsed or expanded, hold down Alt and click on the group in the Timeline view.
All elements contained within the group are selected.