When you want to reuse artwork and animation from your project in other scenes, you must create a template from it. A template can be seen as a portable scene or package that you can drag inside your project. You can open a template and edit it just like any other project. If you want modify your templates, you can edit them using the Edit Template command.
You can create a template using the Timeline view.
To delete templates from your library, use the Library view. Harmony lets you undo the action if necessary.
- In the Timeline view, select some cells or layers.
- In the Library view, select a folder to store the template.
- If a library folder is locked, right-click and select Right to Modify.
- Drag the selection to the Stage
EssentialsLibrary folder or any other library folder.
- In the Rename dialog box, give the new template a name.
To rename a template once it is created, right-click on the symbol and select Rename.
- Click OK.
- In the Library view, select the folder containing the template to delete.
- Right-click on the selection and select Delete or press Delete.
- In the Library view, select the folder containing the template to edit.
- Right-click on the selection and select Edit Template.
A new Harmony application opens.
- Edit the template.
- From the top menu, select File > Save.
- In the top menu, select File > Quit (Windows/Linux) or Stage Essentials > Quit (Mac OS X).