There are different ways to select the layers you want to reposition.
You can select your elements directly in the Camera view using the Transform tool. When using this tool, its properties and options appear in the Tool Properties view. Always make sure that the Peg Selection Mode option in the Tool Properties view is disabled or it will limit the selection to pegs only.
When you have several layers in the Timeline view, you may find it hard to locate which one is selected. You can use the Centre on Selection feature to display the selected layer in the Timeline view.
Like the Timeline view with its many layers, when you have several nodes in the Node view, you may find it hard to locate which one is selected. You can use the Centre on Selection feature as well as the Search toolbar to focus on the selected node in the Node view. You can also select elements in the Timeline or Xsheet view. This can be useful when there are too many objects in the scene or when an object is hard to grab. Finally, you can select all the elements within a group at once via via the Network or Timeline view.
You can change the display style of selected elements to a bounding box style. This removes the default overlay highlight and leaves only the bounding box around the selected element.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Transform tool or press Shift + T.
|1.||In the Tool Properties view, make sure that the Peg Selection Mode is deselected.|
- In the Camera view, click on the element to be repositioned. You can select more than one element at a time. Hold down Shift while clicking on the elements to be selected.
The corresponding layers and columns are highlighted in the Timeline
- In the Camera View bottom toolbar, click the BBox Selection Style button.
- In the Camera view, select a layer.
- Do one of the following:
|‣||From the Timeline View menu, select View > Centre on Selection or press O.|
|‣||In the Timeline View toolbar, click the Centre on Selection button.|
- In the Camera or Timeline view, select a layer.
- Do one of the following:
|‣||From the Node View menu, select View > Centre on Selection.|
|‣||In the Node View toolbar, click the Centre On Selection button.|
|‣||In the Node view, press O.|
|‣||In the Timeline view, click the layer corresponding to the element you want to reposition.|
|‣||In the Xsheet view, click the column header corresponding to the element you want to reposition.|
The selected element is highlighted in the Camera view.
- In the Node view, navigate to the group whose elements you want to select.
- Hold down Alt and drag a marquee selection around the group node.
All elements within that group are selected.
- With a group collapsed or expanded, hold down Alt and click on the group in the Timeline view.
All elements contained within the group are selected.