Handling Legacy Deformations
Releases prior to Harmony 12 used a different deformation structure. The current structure is simplified.
You can transfer all of the information from first curve deformer to its parent Offset node. This is useful for a legacy scene created using Curve deformations where the Offset's position has been placed far away from the drawing to make sure it doesn't affect the drawing's deformation. You can bring back the offset and give it the first curve's position. The Envelope deformation lets you animate the offset of each curve separately. The offset no longer needs to be placed far away.
You can also convert a legacy deformation rig to the new format using a script. You can select which chain you want to transform. Certain legacy nodes will remain in the structure to make sure the integrity of your original puppet is maintained.
- In the Node view, select the root Offset and the first curve.
- From the top menu, select Animation > Deformation > Set Curves and Offsets Independent from Parent.
- In the Node view, select only the first curve node.
- From the top menu, select Animation > Deformation > Transfer Curve Values to Offset.
In the Node view, the first Curve node is disabled and the values are transferred to the parent Offset node.
- In the Node or Timeline view, select the deformation group containing the chain you want to convert to the new structure.
- In the Scripting toolbar, click on TB_ConvertLegacyDeformation. If the script is not available in the toolbar, you can load it.
- In the Scripting toolbar, click on Manage Scripts
- In the Script Manager dialog, in the File column, select the TB_CovertLegacyDeformation.js script. If you cannot find the script in the list (most likely due to a software upgrade installation), you can load the script through the Script Editor view from the default resources folder—see Importing Scripts.
- In the Functions column, select TB_ConvertLegacyDeformation.
- Click the Right Arrow button to move the function to the Scripting toolbar.
- Click OK.
The legacy chain is converted.