The Polyline tool is used to draw shapes with a central vector type of line. To form a shape, you click to add a point and then, without releasing the mouse, pull the handle in the desired direction before adding the next point and repeat the operation. To edit the shape, you can use the Contour Editor tool.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Polyline tool or press Alt + _.
- In the Drawing view, click and drag to create a point and a Bezier handle to shape your line.
|‣||Press Alt to pull only one handle, instead of two.|
|‣||Press Shift to snap the handles to 45, 90, or 180 degrees.|
- Click a new area and drag to create a second point and Bezier handle.
- Repeat the previous step until your shape is completed.
- Press Ctrl (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ (Mac OS X) and click to release the Polyline tool from the current path or shape that it is creating. Continue to use the tool to make multiple, independent paths or shapes.
- If necessary, reshape the lines using the Contour Editor tool—see Reshaping a Drawing Using the Contour Editor Tool.